It’s understandable if you’re curious about CBD and want to know why people use CBD products. After all, to the casual observer, CBD has exploded in recent months from specialty-store-only items sold in brown paper bags to an ingredient seemingly available in every product imaginable wherever you go. The truth is that industrial hemp-derived CBD oil has been steadily converting the curious into CBD evangelists thanks to its ability to promote better overall health and wellness.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is an active compound found in the Cannabis sativa L. plant, a close relative of marijuana. While its psychoactive sister variant may get much of the medicinal attention in the headlines for its controversial use, industrial hemp offers high CBD levels without the THC compound which gives marijuana its high. This lack of high–and the legal status that lack offers–is why the use of CBD products is skyrocketing.
Does It Actually Do All Those Things I’ve Heard Of?
For decades, industrial hemp was effectively banned as it was considered the same plant as marijuana, limiting research potential. With the Farm Bills of 2014 and 2018, restrictions on industrial hemp loosened and it was finally legalized, but widespread scientific studies have yet to catch up. Officially, the FDA considers CBD a food substance, and health claims made about what it can do are unevaluated. That means it cannot be sold as a treatment, cure, or prevention for any illness, disease, or condition.
Many people have done their own research, however, and found reasons for why the use of CBD products is right for them. Limited studies and anecdotal evidence indicate that CBD can have quite a few benefits for those looking to boost their wellness or add a little extra to the treatment regimen they already maintain for a variety of reasons.
Reasons People Cite For CBD Use
CBD users list a variety of reasons for taking CBD, with the common thread in their stories being that it works for them. The truth is that everyone’s biology varies, and as with any medicine, nutritional supplement, or dietary change, your results may differ from other users in effect or extent. Here are some of the top reasons reported for use of CBD.
- To Promote Better Concentration – People who point to CBD as a concentration boost often use it in the morning as part of their wake-up routine and may use it throughout the day as needed. They report that it gives them greater clarity and the ability to concentrate on the tasks at hand, important factors in the business world or any decision-making role.
- To Aid In Weight Loss – Users disagree on why they think this works so well. Some feel that it gives them an increased ability to focus their willpower and resist the temptation of foods they’re trying to avoid. Other users report that they actually feel less hunger and so are able to avoid the snacking that is part of so many diets. There are even users who cite both as the reason why it’s the right choice for them.
- Promotion Of A Calmer, More Positive Demeanor – Plenty of users suffering from anxiety or depression have turned to CBD as part of their condition management strategy. Better wellness creates a more positive mindset, which creates better wellness. When tied with the purported concentration benefits, it’s easy to see why the use of CBD products is so popular among everyone from busy moms to on-the-go professionals.
- Better Pain Management – For centuries, the use of hemp in pain management has been documented through oral and written histories, and modern users are experimenting with its addition to their pain treatment regimen. This is one of the most cited reasons for CBD use among those looking for additional help with acute or chronic pain.
Ways To Include CBD In Your Life
Another popular reason why people use CBD products is that there are CBD products that make it easy to fit into everyone’s daily lives. Whatever your reason for trying CBD and wherever you need to use it, there is a great way to get the dose you need.
- CBD Tinctures – Tinctures are liquid suspensions or solutions that you take orally, usually with an included dropper or sprayer. Tinctures are formulated to give you a set amount of CBD in a set volume of liquid. You draw your desired dose into the dropper and place it under your tongue for sublingual absorption. Often blended with flavoring to provide a more palatable taste, it’s a great way to get started with CBD.
- CBD Vaping – CBD vaping lets you dose through your lungs. Some people who use CBD in support of treatment for a respiratory ailment feel it gets the CBD to their lungs faster, others just like the taste and feel of vaping. It’s a fast, portable way to take your CBD that is still socially acceptable in casual settings.
- CBD Topicals – Users who cite particular skin conditions or joint ailments for why they use CBD products will often turn to topicals like lotions, ointments, and creams. Meant to give more targeted relief, these external-use formulations deliver the CBD directly to the affected area on or through the skin.
- CBD Food – Commonly referred to as edibles, there are plenty of yummy ways to eat your CBD. While brownies may be the iconic favorite, any food that uses oil or butter can get a CBD boost to promote your wellness while pleasing your taste buds.
- CBD Beverages – Similar to edibles, drinks infused with CBD can be the thirst quencher you need. While CBD makes an appearance in some waters and beers, one of the most popular CBD beverages is coffee. Many people feel that the CBD has a synergistic effect on caffeine’s ability to wake them up and help them focus while helping to calm the jitters that sometimes come with a really strong brew.
Benefits For Everyone
Anyone can explore the benefits of CBD for themselves, no matter why they use CBD products. Start with the highest-quality CBD available. Order your CBD products from Core CBD today.
19 thoughts on “Why You Should Use CBD to Meet Your Wellness Goals”