As more states across the U.S. continue to legalize the use of both medical and recreational cannabis, the market has experienced an influx of readily-available CBD products. Despite all the popularity and publicity that CBD has enjoyed over the last two to three years, many people are still unsure of what CBD is, how it can help, how it can be taken, whether it’s legal and the recommended dose.
If you’re new to CBD and want to know how to start CBD, you’ve probably heard someone mention of CBD oils or extracts that help people with chronic conditions like anxiety or pain or even help users feel more relaxed. If you’re not sure where to start, you’re not alone.
We’ve put together a handy guide for first time CBD users to help answer some of the most common questions surrounding CBD and its use.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one among many active compounds found in the cannabis and hemp plant. Cannabinoids are the non-psychoactive compounds that give the plant therapeutic properties that so many users are after. Unlike the other active compound – THC, that has psychoactive properties that get you “high”, the positive effects that CBD has on the body have to do with how it interacts with our brain’s receptors – specifically CB1 & CB2 receptors.
These receptors play a role in a number of key body factors like mood, pain, memory and even our appetite. Since CBD interacts positively with these receptors, it can have powerful effects on alleviating a wide range of symptoms associated with various medical disorders that affect our memory, pain, and moods such as anxieties, insomnia, and others.
Is CBD legal?
While the use of CBD oils and products has come a long way over the last few years, the current legality over CBD is still hazy. Currently, CBD derived from hemp or extracted from cannabis plant with less than 0.3 percent THC is legal in all 50 U.S. States. While legislation may not be straightforward in some cases, we suggest checking your state’s laws regarding the use of CBD oil and products. This is critical before you learn how to start CBD.
What are the Benefits of CBD?
There’s a ton of research being done about the use and benefits of CBD, and the results of what has been studied so far have been promising. Some studies have shown that CBD may be effective when it comes to providing relief from a number of health conditions, including:
- Addiction issues
- Anxiety disorders
- Digestive problems
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychotic symptoms
CBD has also shown great promise in alleviating the symptoms of various physical conditions, including:
- Pain relief for arthritis, headaches and back pain
- Reducing the frequency of seizure disorders and childhood epilepsy
- Managing the effects of cancer treatment
- Lowering the incidence of diabetes
- Improved heart health with anti-inflammatory effects
- Maintaining homeostasis in the body to ensure proper functionality
- Promoting alertness and improving sleep
How Do I Take CBD?
As a first time CBD user, understanding the benefits of this cannabinoid is a critical step before you get to choose what product you want and the best way to take it. There are different options available, and the option you choose purely depends on your specific needs and type of CBD product you choose to buy. Let’s have a look at the different ways you can take CBD:
- Edibles – Gummies are perhaps one of the most popular CBD products in the market, and offer a great way to learn how to start CBD. They’re tasty, portable, available in different flavors, affordable and discrete. You simply choose what you want and know what dose you’re taking.
- Oils and Tinctures – These are oil infused with CBD and available in a dropper. You simply place a drop or two depending on dosage under the tongue for quick relief. CBD oils are a popular choice for avid CBD users.
- Capsules and Pills – These are often used for systemic treatment of digestive issues and seizure disorders. In fact, the FDA recently approved the world’s first high-potency CBD drug for treating seizure disorders. The only drawback with capsules is that they take time to take effect.
- Creams and Lotions – these are CBD-infused topicals that are used to alleviate joint and muscle pain, and skin conditions like eczema.
- Vaping – Just like E-cigs, vaporized CBD oil can be inhaled through vaping. This is the fastest way to experience the effects of CBD. Vaping is gaining more popularity, but the verdict is still out on whether it’s really safe or not. Learn how to start CBD with that in mind.
What’s the Recommended Dose?
When it comes to using CBD, the standard recommendation is to start low and gradually increase your dose as you get used to the effects. Some experts and experienced users recommend starting at 20 to 40 milligrams per day and increasing the dose to the desired effect you want. If you’re planning to start using CBD for medical use, talk to your doctor first about your specific condition. Always read product labels to be sure about dosage.
How and Where to Buy the Best CBD Products
Buying CBD products can be challenging, especially with so many companies now selling all types of CBD oils and products. Shopping online where you can compare different products fast and get the best deals is the best option. Core CBD is one of the leading e-commerce stores selling high-quality CBD products – all made in the USA. We sell 100% medical-grade CBD products, ready to ship and backed by our excellent customer service.
Ready to place orders for your health and wellness needs? Call us now.
2 thoughts on “Where to Start: CBD for First Timers”