More and more people are interested in natural relief when common ailments strike, and some are turning to CBD for stomach flu and flu-like symptoms to feel better faster. With tens of thousands of sufferers each year, there’s plenty of demand for ways to fight the flu, and CBD is becoming a popular choice for managing your wellness while recuperating. While CBD can’t stop the flu, it may be the perfect choice for feeling better as you wait for it to run its course.
First, What is “The Flu?”
Rather than a single illness, “the flu” is a range of similar illnesses caused by the influenza virus. Usually spread through airborne coughs and sneezes, the flu frequently affects the respiratory system first. The similar but unrelated stomach flu, or gastroenteritis, frequently becomes a concern around the same time of year as true influenza outbreaks, making it seem that these illnesses are related. Luckily, CBD for stomach flu and influenza care is readily available and provides a natural way to try to promote faster healing.
Industrial hemp has been used by humans for thousands of years. With a THC concentration of 0.3% or below, CBD won’t get you high like its illicit sister plant, marijuana, but it will let you explore the potential health benefits of the active compounds in it called cannabinoids. The most promising of these is cannabidiol or CBD. When you use CBD for stomach flu management, you’re actually using it to support your endocannabinoid system, one of the primary regulators of your body’s other major health systems. When you’re miserable and sick with the flu, CBD helps your body have what it needs to better fight off illness.
At Core CBD, our CBD products are made with naturally grown industrial hemp. Raised on American farms, they’re uncontaminated by chemical pesticides or herbicides. The leaves, stalks, and flowers are shipped to our pharmaceutical-grade processing facility in Colorado. There, our specialists use state-of-the-art machines to derive an ultra-pure CBD oil that is potent and retains its full complement of terpenes. When using CBD for stomach flu, the plant’s naturally occurring terpenes let you take full advantage of the entourage effect, giving you synergistic wellness support.
How CBD Flu And Stomach Flu Symptoms
Because CBD helps boost your body’s natural regulatory system, your body is better able to maintain a healthy balance even as it works to fight off a viral infection. By keeping your endocannabinoid system supported, it is able to take action throughout your body, helping reduce the discomfort you feel so you can rest and recuperate better. It needs to be noted that CBD is not a drug, doesn’t act like a drug, and does not prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any illness, condition, or disease. It is, however, a supplement meant to promote your overall health and wellness. Research into CBD has shown that CBD:
- Helps Maintain A Healthy Appetite – One of the reasons people choose CBD for stomach flu symptoms is that it helps them maintain a healthy diet. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea can all be debilitating. CBD has long been reputed to ease nausea and support a healthier digestive balance.
- Manages Inflammation – Aches and pains are common with the flu and that’s partially due to inflammation caused by your immune system fighting the influenza virus. This inflammation can lead to localized fevers, swelling, and even pain. By reducing inflammation, you ease the aches and pains often associated with a bout of the flu.
- Promotes A Calmer, More Positive Demeanor – The flu is not psychological, but managing any illness successfully is always based in part on your mental state. When you’re able to worry less and stay upbeat, your body is better able to rest and heal. In addition, a better outlook makes it easier to keep your activities as normal as possible, decreasing your stress.
- Helps You Get More Rest – Sleep is one of the best medicines against the flu, as, like most viral infections, it must run its course. Using CBD for the stomach flu and influenza can help make you more comfortable. By calming the mind and relaxing the body, you’re able to drift off to sleep easier and get the quality sleep that so often eludes flu sufferers.
- Boost Your Immune System – Your immune system works hard to fight the flu, and CBD can help. By boosting your endocannabinoid system, CBD is better able to give your immune system the support it needs for an effective reaction to the flu bug. A healthier immune system gets sick less often, heals faster, and resists relapses far better than a weakened one.
Using CBD For The Stomach Flu And Influenza
There are several ways to add CBD to your self-care regimen depending on your preference and what your flu symptoms will allow.
- CBD Oils/Liquids/Tinctures – These liquid supplements are easy-to-use and convenient. Draw the amount you need into the bottle’s dropper and place it under your tongue, swallow it directly, or squeeze it into your favorite soup/beverage.
- CBD Vaping – One of the most popular ways to use CBD for the stomach flu, vaping lets you get your CBD when you just can’t keep anything down. Pick a flavor and puff away.
- CBD Edibles – Gummies and hard candies work great with the flu. As they break down, they can help ease coughs or sore throats by providing lubrication, and they deliver a pre-measured dose of CBD goodness.
- CBD Topicals – If the aches and pains are hitting hard, then a topical cream, gel, or lotion infused with CBD may be the relief you need. It delivers the active compounds directly to the targeted area by absorbing through the skin and tissue, making it a fast, easy way to address stiffness and discomfort.
Choose The Best For Your Wellness
At Core CBD, we’re proud to offer the highest quality hemp-derived CBD on the market at reasonable prices that let everyone take control of their health and wellness. If you have any questions and need additional information about any of our products, call our CBD experts. Get your CBD for stomach flu and flu-like symptoms online from Core CBD today.