As more and more people look for ways to de-stress from the ever-increasing speed of the rat race, interest in both CBD and yoga is climbing. It’s understandable. Paychecks are staying relatively flat while bills, interest rates, and stress continue to rise, forcing people into second jobs and side hustles and leaving less time for traditional relaxation and recuperative practices. Instead, people turn to focused tools to promote better health and wellness, and CBD, meditation, and yoga can be the perfect fit.
Cannabidiol: Relaxation Support
Cannabidiol, which is most often known by its abbreviation of CBD, is one of over 100 active compounds found in cannabis plants. These cannabinoids work with your body’s endocannabinoid receptors to elicit certain responses. These can have an effect on your physical, mental, or emotional state, making it a popular choice for those who need a way to unwind, de-stress, or let go of tension they’ve been holding onto.
If it seems like CBD is new to the market and has exploded onto the scene in the past few years, there’s a good reason. Despite centuries of use by humans for paper, textiles, and to promote their well-being, in 1970, due largely to a smear campaign, industrial hemp was lumped in with the closely related psychoactive plant marijuana, and listed as a controlled and dangerous substance in 1970. This effectively killed not just its legal commercial usage but also many of the research opportunities into the health and wellness potential it offers. It wasn’t until the Farm Bills of 2014 and 2018 that Congress once again recognized it as a separate and legal plant in its own right.
Yoga: Spirituality and Wellness
Yoga has been steadily growing in popularity for decades. Built around certain poses rooted in Hindu culture, it has a variety of moves and poses that can be used as a simple exercise, to forge a better connection between your mental, spiritual, and physical self, or as part of a larger spiritual practice altogether. Yoga’s traditions date back millennia, although in America is mostly a form of Hatha yoga, distilled to provide a fitness class-like structure for an American audience, that is most often talked about. While not as involved as the original practice, it retains a focus on oneness that helps people from all walks of life live better. With a focus on meditation, CBD and yoga both offer a range of benefits to help adherents find a calm within their personal storm.
Putting the Two Together
CBD is safe and effective when it comes from a reputable supplier, and as a natural substance, it blends well with yoga’s tenets. While CBD is generally safe, anytime you change up an exercise routine, do so mindfully and cautiously. Start slow and work your way toward your best full dosage. Many yoga instructors are either supportive or, at least, open to the idea of using holistic approaches to better health and wellness, so don’t be afraid to discuss your intent to use CBD with them. Here’s how CBD and yoga go together:
- Easier to Let Things Go—During yoga, you are encouraged to be present, release the outside world’s problems, and attain a zen state of mind. Entire sections at your local bookstore are filled with what that could mean, but getting there, wherever your there is, can be difficult sometimes. CBD helps ease stress and promote a calmer demeanor. Boosting your meditation with CBD can help you let things go and immerse yourself in the moment deeper and more easily.
- More Relaxed Muscles—This easing of tension is more than just “mind-deep” as it can cause a literal easing of your muscle groups. This can help your flexibility and endurance to push your body to its limits.
- Faster Recovery—If your chosen form of yoga leaves you tender the next day, then combining CBD and yoga can have a big impact on your practice. CBD encourages your muscles to recover faster, easing the aches of a good session and helping you maintain the pliability without pain that makes yoga so rewarding.
CBD is not a drug that you should take only occasionally, rather it is a way of supporting health and wellness that works best if it is part of your routine. To help you make sure you’re finding ways to include it in your day-to-day life, there are a variety of ways you can take your CBD.
- Capsules—If you’re already used to taking daily vitamins, CBD capsules are perfect. These small softgels look like capsules you’re already taking, travel well and are a socially acceptable way to use CBD on the go.
- Oral Tinctures—Just a dropper full of CBD oil under the tongue can be a fast, effective way to take your CBD and make sure it’s bio-available rapidly. As a bonus, it can be added to your favorite salad or beverage to create your own edibles and drinkables to get your daily dose.
- Topicals—If you have no problem achieving the right mental state but still end up with sore muscles, topical preparations are a great way to mix CBD and yoga. Rather, you choose an oil, balm, lotion, gel, or cream, the CBD will rapidly absorb through your skin and penetrate to the tissues underneath, delivering relief right where you need it.
Focus on Being Your Best With the Best
However you choose to get your CBD, make sure you’re getting a premium product, manufactured to the highest quality standards. We make our CBD oil products in a pharmaceutical-grade facility from American industrial hemp so we can ensure the potency and purity of our materials at every step of the journey from seed through shipment. If you need additional information about our products or processes, talk to a CBD expert at (888) 506-1501. Get the perfect products to combine yoga and CBD from CoreCBD today.