It seems like CBD is popping up as an ingredient in more and more products, and the beauty aisle is not immune to the trend. Thanks to consumers eager to experience CBD benefits in beauty products they use on a daily basis, there is an ever-increasing selection of hemp-powered health and beauty aids. If you’re confused about what’s available and why you need it, you aren’t alone.
Why Are There Plants In My Beauty Products?
Many were already there. The use of botanicals for scents, flavors, textures, or therapeutic properties is well established. Oils from coconut, palm, and even hemp, which CBD comes from, have all earned their place in lotions, creams, and moisturizers. CBD is just the latest addition to manufacturers’ options when it comes to formulating beauty products, and CBD benefits from not being entirely new to the scene.
Hemp’s Beauty History
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is an active compound found in cannabis plants. Formerly lumped in with its psychoactive sister variant, marijuana, industrial hemp has long been a source for oils and fibers, though the potential health benefits went unstudied. That has changed recently with a loosening of regulations and the increase in health-conscious consumers demanding more natural ways to promote their wellness.
Hemp oil, already found in some beauty products, contains small amounts of CBD. Often harvested from just the seeds of the plant or from the whole plant, it is not processed for higher CBD concentrations, but for its moisturizing and nourishing effects on the skin. CBD oil is only harvested from the flowers, leaves, and stems of hemp plants, and the richer CBD content gives CBD beauty products additional benefits with the familiar feel they’ve grown accustomed to from hemp oil.
But There Are So Many To Choose From
CBD is still in its infancy when it comes to widespread use with only vague regulatory oversight, leading to a lot of misinformation. The best way to make sure you’re getting a product you can trust your body to is to look for products that satisfy three main criteria.
- All-Natural Hemp – You want to know exactly what you’re putting on your body, and that starts with hemp that hasn’t been inundated with potentially harmful chemicals. Naturally grown hemp has better CBD content, making it a better way to get the benefits of CBD beauty products with less chance of unwanted additives.
- Medical-Grade Processing – CBD is not currently classified as a medicine, not intended to treat, prevent, diagnose, or cure any disease or condition, and no statements about its use or health benefits have been evaluated by the FDA, but there are people whose independent research has led them to add it to their wellness regimen. Whether that’s true for you or not, you’re putting something on your body, and medical-grade processing gives you a safer, cleaner, more standardized product. Better consistency leads to repeatable results when you find CBD beauty products with benefits you like.
- Reputable CBD Manufacturer – In the rush to be trendy, some beauty manufacturers are adding the cheapest CBD they can find to products. Others add it, but without the knowledge or consistency to give you a usable formulation. Both are wasting your money at best. Choose your products from a company that has a track record of scientifically formulating premium CBD supplements, lotions, and creams. It’s the best way to make sure you get full CBD benefits from your beauty products.
The Most Popular Products Out There
While CBD is making its way into the HBA products across the board, there are a few good places to start where you’ll see the most benefits.
- CBD Lotions – Dry, flaky or irritated skin is no fun. A high-quality CBD lotion nourishes your skin and leaves it soft, supple, and moisturized. It may help promote better healing from certain rashes or sunburns, and some psoriasis patients feel that it’s helped them manage their condition more easily. Lotion is a familiar part of healthy-feeling skin to many people, and it’s one of the easiest, most familiar way to add the benefits of CBD beauty products to your life.
- CBD Face Creams – Healthy skin is important overall, but your face gets more attention as you work, shop, and play. A face cream containing CBD not only gives you an even, healthy glow, limited research indicates it may help you keep a clearer complexion by supporting more balanced oil production in your sebaceous glands. Using it like you would any other facial cream is just what’s needed to help fend off the appearance of age and feel great.
- Lip Balm – Dry, chapped lips are a pain, and if you never go anywhere without a little lip TLC, then you’ll love the pocketable benefits of these CBD beauty products. Keep them protected and you’ll be promoting faster healing.
- Haircare Products – CBD oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, so you know what that means. VIbrant, shiny hair with better volume. Whether you choose a shampoo, conditioner, or detangler, you’ll be giving your hair what it needs to look its best.
- Cosmetics – In the quest to appear well put together, our faces can take a beating. When you use cosmetics infused with CBD, the benefits of your beauty products help keep your skin healthier. Mascara that gives you thicker lashes to die for, foundation keeps you clear, and gloss that gives you softer fuller lips all get a little extra kick from the addition of CBD.
Up Your Beauty Game
CBD can be your “secret weapon” to a new look you’ll love. Take control of your skin’s health and beauty with the power of all-natural hemp CBD. If you’re ready to experience the benefits of CBD beauty products for yourself, order yours now from the CBD experts at Core CBD.